Expedition Application Process
I want to go to the Amazon - What do I do now ?
- Complete the AP Expedition Volunteer Application and attach copy of current passport.
- Medical volunteers: Attach resume and copy of current license/registration. If retired, attach diploma/certificate.
- Complete financial information/ Pledge Form and include a minimum $300 deposit or entire expedition pledge. If you paid online, please note this in the payment section of the form.
- If you need a letter from Amazon Promise to help you raise funds for your expedition, you must first apply to join a specific team. Upon receipt of your application and deposit, we will forward you an original fundraising letter.
- We suggest you purchase trip cancellation insurance through your travel agent.
- Inform us of your flight arrangements.
- During your expedition, you will be covered by a “SafeTrip” emergency evacuation plan through MEDEX. Cost of coverage is included in your expedition fee. If you wish to extend your coverage to include additional dates, contact MEDEX at (800) 732-5309. For online enrollment, go to www.medexassist.com. Cost is $4.50 per day.
- Review your passport expiration date. You must renew your passport if it is due to expire within six months of your international travel date. Passport must have at least one blank page for international stamps (you can apply for additional pages for free). Passports are available within 48 hours if you present tickets, verify date of departure, AND pay an additional FedEx charge for courier service to the US Passport agency. (Applies to U.S. residents only.)
- Make appointment with medical professional to review recommended immunizations. If you are going to the Pastaza region, you must have a Yellow Fever vaccine, Hep B vaccine, and up to date Tetanus. You must bring Yellow Fever vaccine documentation, Hep B vaccine documentation, and Tetanus documentation with you before being allowed into the area.
- Read and sign Amazon Promise “Release and Notification Form”.
- Contact past expedition members with questions or for advice.
- Learn some Spanish.
- Mail, fax, or email the completed application, pledge deposit, and additional information as indicated above to: