I want to travel with Amazon Promise, What do I do now?
- Complete the Amazon Promise Medical Outreach Volunteer Trip Application Form and attach or email a copy of your current passport.
- Medical volunteers: Attach resume and copy of current license/registration. If retired, attach diploma/certificate.
- Complete financial information/ Pledge Form and include a minimum $300 deposit or entire expedition pledge. If you paid online (via Donation page – either PayPal or Square), please note this in the payment section of the form.
- If you need a letter from Amazon Promise to help you raise funds for your expedition, you must first apply to join a specific team. Upon receipt of your application and deposit, we will forward you an original fundraising letter.
- We suggest you purchase trip cancellation insurance through your travel agent.
- Inform us of your flight arrangements.
- All volunteers must provide Amazon Promise with proof of medical evacuation insurance prior to departure to Peru. We suggest www.uhcsafetrip.com (cost is approximately $3 to $5 per day depending on traveler’s age)
- Review your passport expiration date. You must renew your passport if it is due to expire within six months of your international travel date. Passport must have at least one blank page for international stamps (you can apply for additional pages for free). Passports are available within 48 hours if you present tickets, verify date of departure, AND pay an additional FedEx charge for courier service to the US Passport agency. (Applies to U.S. residents only.)
- Make appointment with medical professional to review recommended immunizations. If you are going to the Pastaza region (remote trips):
- You must have had Yellow Fever, COVID-19, and Hep B vaccines
- You must bring your Yellow Fever, COVID-19, and Hep B vaccine documentation with you before being allowed into the area.
- Read and sign Amazon Promise “Release and Notification Form”.
- Contact past expedition members with questions or for advice.
- Learn some Spanish.
- Mail, fax, or email the completed application, pledge deposit, and additional information as indicated above to:
PO Box #1304
Newburyport, MA 01950