Amazon Promise Travel & Cancellation Policy
- Promise Medical Expedition Trip Dates are final. However, Amazon Promise may facilitate additional dates for groups of 7 or more people who wish to work and travel together.
- All deposits for trip fees are due at the time of application. Deposits are non-refundable. However, deposit may be applied to another Promise Expedition within 12 months.
- Trip fees are due in full 45 days prior to the expedition start date. Due to the impact of volunteer cancellations on the entire Promise Expedition, trip fees are non-refundable.
- Trip cancellations by Amazon Promise are very uncommon.* Amazon Promise will notify volunteers of cancellation no later than two weeks prior to expedition start date. If Amazon Promise must cancel an expedition, it will fully refund trip fees, or apply fees to another Promise Medical Expedition within the next year, at the volunteer’s discretion.
- All volunteers who are accepted to accompany a Promise Medical Expedition must register with the U.S. Embassy or other relevant embassy in Lima, Peru.
- It is strongly recommended that volunteers purchase trip cancellation insurance at the time they purchase their airline tickets.